Monday, May 12, 2008

The Yellow Wall Paper















Wall paper, what can I say, it was an unusual story. At some points in the story, I thought it was quite funny. I believe that the main character pretty much lost her mind. In the beginning she attempts to write in a journal to relieve her mind. She was writing down her thoughts and how she felt about her house. Reading about this was weird at first but then it began to make sense. I believe that writing in her journal was a way for her to escape her unhappiness and it was stress therapy for her.

As I read on in the story, it became quiet scary. This woman began to see things within the yellow wallpaper that she had become obsessed with. She freaked out and saw images that may or may not have even been there upon the wall. In being obsessed with this paper, this woman begins to become better at hiding not only her journal but her true feelings from her husband.

No comments: